Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Not on My Watch!

When I went to bed I heard some young guys chatting and laughing in the street not far from the bedroom window. I decided to meditate for a while until I fell asleep.

I had a vivid dream about receiving emails from someone who has been rather emotionally distance lately. The emails didn't sound at all like this particular individual, which made me wonder what had brought on this dramatic change of heart all of a sudden. I wasn't convinced that the person's words were sincere. Just as I was responding to one of the emails, I woke up.

When I checked the time, it was about 1 am. I was aware that the guys were now standing right outside the bedroom window with their voices raised several notches and laughing loudly. When I peeked out of the curtain, one of the guys looked my way. I knew he couldn't see me, but I thought it was interesting how he looked in my direction. As I believe there's good in everything, even if it's an experience I don't particularly like, I knew that their presence was either an important gift to myself or they were mirroring a belief I have.

For instance, a few weeks back, someone stopped their car right outside the window at around 6 am and blared music which woke me up. Just as I was going to "blast" whoever it was with my light ray, the next song that came on turned out to be a song I'd been trying to recall. After the song finished, the car drove off.

Why have I called these lads to me right at this moment? How am I feeling? I'm actually feeling really good.

It was then it became clear. The lads represent a belief I have to love and accept people even if I don't like their behaviour. This way, I'm always being Love. That's all very well but I don't have to put up with behaviour that doesn't resonate with who I am. I can choose to love from a distance. I decided that right at that moment I wanted peace outside the bedroom window. So I thought "I AM Peace and Peace attracts Peace." After repeating the thought a few times, I felt my body filled with Peace and feeling it radiating everywhere.

In less than five minutes the lads moved away from the window. The interesting thing was they did not move out of the area completely, just several houses down; obviously, to people who resonated with their behaviour. I also noted that they did not change their behaviour either; they still continued to chat and laugh loudly.

It was never my intention to change the boys' behaviour anyway which, as I see it, would only have been a temporary measure. It's rather like having someone under your spell where they act differently when they're around you. I have had many occasions when people have been uplifted in my presence and acted or said something under that influence. When they revert to the frequency they're used to, they can't remember acting or saying what they had. It was as if they'd been dreaming. I believe the reason why they had forgotten was because they were acting in a way that wasn't "natural" for them at the time. I believe in order for someone to always be in their joy, the individual has to do the work necessary for transformation. Whether transformation occurs rapidly or not depends on the individual's beliefs and commitment.

So thank you, boys, for reminding me to honour myself at all times. And by the way, you're free to act as rowdy as you like, as long as you don't do it on my watch.

Enocia

Related articles: There's Always a Very Good Reason Why; My Core Beliefs; Love Gives You Freedom; Creativity - Revisited; The Power of Affirmations; Freedom of Expression - Revisited; Like Attracts Like; Man's Inalienable Right to Be a Sheep or Goat; Self-Respect; Circle of Influence; Consideration