Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Reprogramming the Memory Body

A while back my mother shared the following experience. When she went to catch the local bus, the bus driver asked her if she knew a woman sitting at the bus stop. Apparently, the woman had got on the bus intending to go somewhere and had forgotten where. She'd also forgotten where she lived. The driver suggested she stay on the bus and he'll return her to the stop she'd got on at. Mum told the driver that the woman lives in the neighbourhood. She even offered to walk her to her front door. As mum was walking her home, she recognised the area, thanked mum, and walked home alone. Mum said she really felt sad for the woman as it must be frightening losing your memory. The woman has since been taken into a care home.

I can relate to that woman's experience. Once when I was travelling on the bus, I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up, I was so disorientated I couldn't remember where I was or even who I was. I simply experienced myself as good feelings.

Now it's all very well having all these wonderful feelings, however, I knew there was no way I could continue having this human experience with no memory of who I am or what things are for. So I snapped out of that state and remembered I was travelling on a bus.

So in order to experience this reality I need a memory body, which is a useful tool that holds old memories in place. If the memory body wasn't holding this image of my body in place, I would wake up each day with a totally new face and body. Imagine trying to explain that to my loved ones that I'm the same me, I just look different. I doubt if they would buy that excuse.

The problem with the memory body is it's a double-edge sword as it likes to dictate not only how people, animals and nature should appear but how long they should maintain their appearance. That's why I believe it's important to take control and show the memory body who is boss.

How?

By reprogramming the memory body to continuously receive new memories and experience the old in a new and better way.

Speaking of which, a woman who works in the local community once asked my mother the following.

"Who is that young girl I sometimes see you with? Is she your daughter?"

"Yes she is," mum said. "But she's not a young girl, you know. She's 42."

"Unbelievable!" the woman said. "She doesn't look it. I thought you had her late in life."

That's one of the fun effects of reprogramming the memory body - I get to maintain my appearance while appearing ever youthful.

I'm really grateful for the memory body, which enables me to enjoy life in this form.

Enocia

Related articles: Love Gives You Freedom; Bolt of Lightning; Every Moment is New; On Being the Ship's Captain; Act Your Age; Dissolving Cell Memories; Short Term Memory; Reprogramming; Being the Feeling