Friday, 14 August 2009

Never Again!

New every morning is the love
Our wakening and uprising prove;
Through sleep and darkness safely brought,
Restored to life and power and thought.

New mercies, each returning day,
Hover around us while we pray;
New perils past, new sins forgiven,
New thoughts of God, new hopes of heaven. New Every Morning is the Love
While I was working in the library, I started losing vision in one eye. For a while I continued to work but as it got worse I decided to leave. I stopped off at the shop to run an errand for my mother.

When I went home I decided to just lie down and let it pass, but it developed into a full blown migraine. As I prayed for help it got worse. I started throwing up and even had a stomach upset.

The weird thing was when I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw I was looking radiant, which is not surprising really because I, the Self, that has always been and will always exist, is forever shining Her radiant light.

My mother asked me if I wanted her to fix me a drink but I wasn't in the mood for anything.

I continued to pray.

A few hours later, my mother's friend came to visit. I heard he'd brought some takeaway chicken for us, but mum told him I wasn't well. The way I was feeling the last thing on my mind was food. I vowed to myself that I will never have any food again as long as I'm in this reality.

By the middle of the night, when my stomach had settled, I had a glass of juice. I spent a few hours sitting in silence then I fell asleep.

This morning mum asked me if I was going to stay home today and I told her there was no need. Before I went to the bathroom, I headed straight to the kitchen and heated my piece of chicken in the microwave. It was delicious!

In case anyone is wondering what I meant when I said "I will never have any food again as long as I'm in this reality", I meant yesterday's reality.

Today is a new day and I'm feeling good.

Enocia

Related articles: Why Someone Benefits From Another's Suffering; Every Moment is New; You Can't Fool the Light; Some Things are Not Worth Taking Personally; I'm Feeling Good!