Thursday, 20 August 2009

Love Will Aways Find a Way - 2

It's amazing how the Universe will find many ways for people to connect.

The shopkeeper at the local corner shop has been asking me all these personal questions for ages. I have a feeling his interest goes more than customer-shop keeper. He even gave me a bottle of wine last year when he found out it was my birthday. Although I accepted the wine, I made it very clear I wasn't interested in him that way.

So while I was in the shop this morning, I noticed some photos on the till. I asked him who they were and he said they were Krishna.

"Oh, I know Krishna. I used to chant at the Hari Krishna temple," I said. "I even used to eat at Govinda's, their restaurant next door."

"Really? I've heard of the temple, near Tottenham Court Road, but I haven't been there. I went to their temple in Watford recently."

"I've heard of that temple, the one donated by one of the Beatles. I've never been but I hear it's beautiful."

"I can't believe you used to chant," he said. "How long were you chanting for?"

"A few years. It helped me clear my head. I no longer follow any religion though."

"Wow, we must meet up and talk sometime."

Nice try but I'm not falling for that one, Universe.

Enocia

Related articles: OK, You Got Me!; Love Will Always Find a Way; The Universal Translator; Beyond the Veil