Sunday, 9 August 2009

For the Love Starved

I had a very vivid sleeping dream this morning.

As I was walking home, a man appeared beside me.

"Can I walk you home?"

"I don't mind, ta," I smiled at him. "Do you tend to do this a lot then?"

"I do it for a lot of people. The last time I walked this woman we got heavily involved."

"Well, I'm not interested in you in that kind of way."

"Fair enough," he said.

The dream changed and my companion and I were now somewhere crowded that looked like a cafe. A woman came up to our table. When she saw my friend she said to me, "It's him again!"

"What do you mean?" I said.

"The last time he was here, he was with this white lady and looked just like her. Now he's looking just like you but I know he's the same guy."

It was only then that I realised that, apart from the fact that my friend was appearing as a man and he was a few inches taller, he looked exactly like me. He even had a similar build to mine. He could have passed as my identical twin.

"Who are you?" I said.

"I appear to people who are starving for love. I am here to look after you."

Suddenly two guys walked in and wanting to make trouble for the other customers but my friend intervened. One of the guys tried to punch my friend but he just disappeared and reappeared behind them. Everyone marvelled at the speed at which my friend had moved.

Then I woke up.

I know who the guy in my dream is, he is my one true love.

Thank you for always being there for me. I can never be love starved when I've got you.

Enocia

Related articles: My One True Love; Why Love is All I Need

The song below, by Whitney Houston, represents my one true love: