Monday, 17 August 2009

Bolt of Lightning

I have written elsewhere that I believe that the reason why the human body is not advancing as fast as technology is because most people identify themselves as the self that withers and dies, until they wake up from "dying" and discover that they are in fact the Infinite Self that has always been and will always be.

I believe when I identify myself as the Infinite Self,

"Then each and every single day is the Infinite Self being expressed as new cells, new energy, new life, new ideas, new joy, new opportunities, new passion, new visions, new ways of experiencing the old, new wisdom, and new wonder. As my body is the Infinite Self in visible form, I expect my body to grow more and more beautiful and radiant; rather like the telephones that are getting better and better in design...forever." New Every Morning
Yesterday evening I watched the World Athletics. I was really looking forward to the 100 metres finals because I knew it was going to be something special. Just before the race started, in thought, I wished all the athletes the very best, as I didn't want to get emotional about the race. Then I relaxed and witnessed Usain Bolt smash the current world record like the bolt of lightning that he is. While "awesome" is not a word I often use, I can't think of another word to describe what I'd witnessed! Awesome!

One commentator believed Usain is the genius that he is because he loves running and is full of running.

For me, Usain Bolt demonstrates the newness of the Infinite Self being expressed in every moment.

New energy is expressed in the effortless way Usain runs.

After the race when Usain was interviewed about his achievement, he said he'd been feeling really good and expected a great race and he went on to "execute" it. In other words, he was expressing ever new joy.

New vision is expressed in the way Usain is constantly dreaming of new goals. I loved it when he was mentally preparing for the race by seeing his hand shooting in front of him like an arrow.

New ways of experiencing the old is expressed in the way Usain continues to break old world records and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I can imagine that world record is going to be broken again and again because it's the nature of the Infinite Self to express new wonders.

Thank you, Usain, for being the Wonder in motion. I love you!
Keep doing your thing!

Enocia

Related articles: Bolt of Lightning - Part 2; Another New Day; New Every Morning; What is a Prodigy?; In the Zone; Our Daily Bread

Watch the actual race on the BBC website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8204737.stm

Usain Bolt interview: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8204517.stm