Monday, 27 July 2009

It Takes One to Know One

The other day I went into town to listen to a rap performance. I expected it to be an outdoor event but when I arrived it was indoors. The venue was already full to capacity and there was a long queue outside. We were advised that they were now only letting people in on a "one out and one in" system, which meant it would be a long wait. However, anyone interested in hearing the performance can always listen via the PA system installed round the corner. I thought I'd give that a go. Besides, I didn't mind standing outside as that is what I had expected anyway.

As I was walking round the building to where the PA system was, I heard someone admiring this guy's t-shirt. I was curious to see what was so special about it.

"What's on your t-shirt? Let me have a look!" I said to the guy.

The words read: "I Love Tokyo."

"Is that it?" I chuckled.

"He must obviously like Tokyo as well," he said.

I happen to love listening to Japanese people. It's my second favourite language, after Italian.

My friend and I stood near the PA system. Because of the glare of the sun it was difficult to see through the window. I had to press my nose against the window and peer in. It was then I noticed this woman inside the building had "Tokyo Cowboys" at the back of her t-shirt. When I turned round to point it out to my friend with the Tokyo t-shirt he wasn't there.

After listening for a few minutes, I decided to see if the queue had gone down so I could get into the venue, but it was still long. I returned to my spot outside the building. It was then I noticed my Tokyo t-shirt friend standing there. I grabbed his hand and led him to the window and pointed out the "Tokyo Cowboy” woman. My friend shook his head and laughed.

It's good to see the magic of synchronicity is always at work no matter what I'm doing.

It takes one Tokyo lover to know one.

Enocia

Related articles: My Friends are Everywhere; When One Sees, Others Can See Too; Synchronicity; Food for Thought; Bellissimo!