Wednesday, 22 July 2009

I Am What I Am

I reconnected with an old friend from university at Facebook. After she read one of my articles she said I sounded very deep and philosophical and reminded her of the conversations we used to have while we were at university. She said she rarely has those conversation these days; she's too busy trying to make ends meet and only has the occasional reflection.

I told my friend that I don't write about philosophy, which tends to be just intellectual and have nothing to do with reality. My focus over the years has always been about how to apply what I believe in every day life. I know I'm not here to just focus on survival issues but to make real those lofty "philosophical" ideals and dreams right here and now. Otherwise, what's the point of living.

Our email exchange is a very timely reminder for me that I haven't changed at all. I'm still the same old me always dreaming over how things can be better.

The world needs more dreamers who are not only dreaming up wonderful ways of being, but sharing how practical their dreams are. We wouldn't have electricity if there wasn't a dreamer like Thomas Edison.

I am what I am. I am a dreamer.

Enocia

Related articles: What is a Prodigy?; The Power of Unbelief; From Mediator to Source; What the World Needs Now is More Dreamers; Practical Spirituality